Cable Installation Technician
As an installation technician you will be responsible for performing on site installations, and respond to customer service problems. You will also perform repair and maintenance work on the existing plant, on a rotating on-call basis.
Your main goal will be to provide excellent quality service to our customers, and maintain an efficient telecommunications system.
- Install new telecom services, extra outlets and equipment in domestic dwellings and commercial sites.
- Diagnose and correct technical problems to the satisfaction of the customer, and in accordance with company specifications.
- Ensure that communications with customers and peers is done in a professional environment.
- Perform repairs to the existing plant outside of business hours, on a rotating on-call basis.
- Work efficiently in an independent work environment, as well as contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Learn and adhere to all applicable Health & Safety regulations, both legislatively mandated, and as outlined in company policy.
- Will involve some work on weekends, and outside business hours.
Education and Experience
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Experience with outdoor & physical work
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Valid G driver’s license
- Clean driver abstract
- Able to work at 20 – 30 feet (ladder)
- Experience with fiber telecom equipment an asset
What we offer
- Salary dependent on experience
- Year round employment
- Vehicle, phone, and computer supplied
- Tools for the job
- Excellent pay, benefits and retirement investment programs