What we do at Shaw matters – in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As a Business Technical Specialist, you will provide technical support to Shaw’s clients across our COAX/Fiber technologies including our Voice, WiFi, TV, and Satellite products. The ideal candidate will have experience in IT and be driven to learn and play with the newest internet-based technologies. This role requires a solid understanding of internet theory, the ability to decipher complex situations, ultimately leading to a successful resolution.
A typical day
This role is primarily responsible for supporting Shaw’s clients across multiple platforms both verbal and written regarding the clients’ services. No two calls are the same, every client will present you with a new, unique challenge to dig deep on and resolve.
Learning will be an integral part of your day to day. As well, you will be responsible for:
• Owning the customer experience through both inbound, outbound, and proactive contact
• Leveraging your expertise using Shaw diagnostic tools to determine outages, saturation events, and other customer/network impacting incidents
• Matching the features, advantages, and benefits of Shaw products and services to our customers and making appropriate recommendations around their product set
• Engaging in conversation with Service Assurance leadership regarding pain points for customers and staff
• Various other day-to-day duties as needed
• Previous contact center experience is an asset
• Strong understanding of the basics behind internet transportation and security technologies, specifically wired and wireless specifications
• 1+ year(s) experience in information technology with a focus on networking
• Exceptional customer service and verbal and written communication skills
• Professional business manner
• Knowledge of all of Shaw’s products and services
• Ability to work independently and the desire to go above and beyond while contributing to a team’s overall success
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and adaptable to changing priorities and challenging situations
• Ability to adapt and work in a fast paced, collaborative, multitasking environment while focusing on solving the clients concern right the first time
• High Achieving attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations through collaboration
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Posting closing date:May 27, 2021
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.