Company: Shaw Cablesystems
Category: Supply Chain & Warehousing
Work Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Employment Type: Full-time
Position ID: J1018-2921
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Business Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Specialist on our Supply Chain team. Reporting to the Manager, Process Enablement (Supply Chain), the successful candidate will be accountable for driving and executing supply chain initiatives and provide support for completing day-to-day operational activities.
• Engage with stakeholders to build and support process and tool enhancements that align with Shaw’s objectives.
• Liaise with internal Supply Chain teams to gain a comprehensive understanding of support requirements (i.e. Strategic Sourcing, Demand Management, Procurement, Supply Chain Operations)
• Support recurring monthly and quarterly reporting and communications duties (i.e. Developing various metrics and Key Performance Indicators).
• Initiate review and analysis of Supply Chain processes to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement; enhance supply chain processes and understand how changes will impact groups within end-to-end Supply Chain.
• Apply problem solving skills to ensure alignment between stakeholder needs with best practices in Supply Chain processes and systems.
• Drive the development of a Communications and Knowledge Management Strategy by: working with stakeholders to manage various documentation for Supply Chain processes/procedures, administration of systems/tools to manage knowledge resources (i.e. SharePoint, and other Communications or Knowledge Management tools)
• Lead the development and implementation of a Supply Chain Education Road Map based on assessment of required team competencies.
• Support organization and delivery of training and development opportunities to employees based on Education Strategy and other needs as required (i.e. new system or tool roll outs).
• Support creation of net new training materials as required (i.e. build training videos, training manuals, develop guidelines and procedures).
• Various other operational support duties as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• University/post-secondary degree or equivalent level of relevant work experience is required.
• 2 to 5 years of progressive experience in supply chain operations, business analytics, purchasing/sourcing and/or equivalent required.
• Competent with data collection, analysis and investigation.
• Thorough knowledge of advanced functions of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio etc.) required.
• Critical thinking ability; and strong analysis and problem-solving skills
• Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required
• Experience in Oracle and/or Coupa systems is an asset.
• Understanding/knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Project Management methodologies is an asset
• Detail-oriented approach to issue identification and resolution.
• Ability to self-motivate, multi task, and prioritize work.
• Able to encourage respect, understanding, and trust amongst team members and facilitate decisions and build consensus.
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
BUSINESS UNIT: TOPS
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.