Business Product Manager
Eastlink has held the designation as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for nine consecutive years by delivering world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink’s advanced services include Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming on Eastlink TV. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada – Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of nearly 1600 individuals.
Reporting to the Director, Product Management & Affiliate Relations the Product Manager is responsible for all aspects of the product life cycle for various business products including pricing, packaging and input on promotion/strategy and launch. The successful candidate will develop expertise on all products and will conduct market research and analysis to assist with development of product strategy. Responsibilities will also include working with key stakeholders to develop, implement and execute a company-wide-go-to-market plan.
- Responsible for the overall strategic direction of a business portfolio;
- Develop and lead business product management;
- Managing the entire business product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities;
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers;
- Conduct market and customer research in support of developing the product strategy and roadmap;
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Product Development/Engineering, Business Sales and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning;
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan while working with all departments to execute;
- Develop seamless end to end process for new and existing products;
- Document concept for new products and/or enhancements to meet existing or anticipated market needs and present according to established product development process;
- Initiate and prioritize development projects; plan, develop, and communicate strategy for product launch and initial forecast; track sales, costs, margins and effects on product revenues; and conduct continued product life cycle modeling and tracking;
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products;
- Actively engage customers and encourages customer participation in product initiatives;
- Conduct competitive analysis and track global industry activity and trends and determine required changes in the product, operations or go-to-market strategies to improve competitiveness;
- Establish product direction for existing products, including product extensions and additional target markets;
- Works with business sales and marketing to create product positioning, messaging and collateral, and to foster sales-related activity;
- Develop, execute and maintain product business plans that provide current market information, including sales and gross profit margin history, year-to-date(YTD) actuals and projections, key market positioning, sales channels and competitive strategies, pricing, market share, product life cycle plans, and evolution plans.
- Undergraduate degree in Business/Commerce, Computer Science or Engineering;
- 3-5 years of experience working in a product management role;
- Master Business Administration would be an asset;
- Experience in a telecommunication is a strong asset;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Product management experience in emerging services is an asset;
- Knowledgeable in technology;
- Strong business and financial acumen is essential;
- Strong cross functional and team leadership;
- Experience in launching new products to market;
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Should be good with working with remote teams;
- Must be available to travel.
Eastlink is focused on creating an environment which promotes individual growth and career satisfaction. Creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and innovation drive us. We’re looking for people who have the passion for our business, our values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
If you’re ready to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online: