Date: Mar 20, 2019
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Req Id: 230120
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
Bell Canada’s Systems & Technology organization is looking for an IT Business Analyst to join a team of professionals who specialize in delivering and managing IT solutions for the Outright Sales (ORS) business across Enterprise, SMB, Bell West and BBM markets. The critical mandate of the IT ORS team is to deliver solutions to enable reduction in cycle time and remove manual intervention through integrated processes & back/front office systems.
The primary focus of the role is to identify, evaluate, document and implement operational changes to improve information and processing systems. Review and make recommendation on major ORS projects and NPI’s (New Product Introductions), systems enhancements, testing tools and post deployment support. Work with business users, system groups, other business units and external vendors or contractors to address system requirements and priorities.
- Areas included are ORS Product Catalogues (Standard, Alliance & C-Net), EDI Integration and other ORS back-end systems.
- Participate in solution definition, the development and delivery of the solution.
- Convert business requirements into conceptual system functionality, provide specifications to development team to ensure requirements are met.
- Partner with other IT ORS groups and vendors to deliver and support ORS solutions.
- Co-ordinate testing of system enhancements and project within the user area.
- Develop user manual and training systems for new systems development and enhancements to existing ORS systems.
- Review enhancements and projects after implementation for compliance to specifications.
- Facilitate identification of process improvements or system enhancements often requiring the co-ordination of multiple functional areas.
- Work closely with Product management to assess tool and flow changes required to support ORS NPI’s.
- Work with Operations, provisioning and supply chain group from the prospecting stage through delivery and follow-up, to ensure ORS business requirements are effectively identified and addressed.
- Ensure issues and root cause of incidents and problems are understood, and ensure appropriate actions are taken to resolve and prevent recurrence.
- Manage contractors for projects delivery and application support.
- Maintain leading-edge business and technical knowledge.
- Through a personal development plan, remain current in industry best practices related to IT Service Management
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of the ORS (Outright Sales) business.
- Ability to manage multiple activities at a high level and dive into details when challenges arise
- Ability to effectively facilitate and coordinate meetings, and to negotiate consensus from cross-functional teams
- Understand and articulate IT concepts and issues from a business perspective
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and ability to use MS-Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook and MS-Project).
- General knowledge and ability to use MS-SQL data queries and extract data for analysis.
- Willingness to manage own time, working extended hours when necessary to meet deliverables
- Willingness to participate in scheduled post deployment system testing during off-hours
- Knowledge of ORS Tools and workflow.
- BA experience preferred
- Experience in managing and co-ordinating contractors work.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Business or Technology.
French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 04/03/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.