Are you creative, detail-focused and passionate about projects, technology and media? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you to prove and enhance your skills in a fascinating and dynamic industry. If you are interested in contributing to one of Canada’s top media technology teams and playing a key leadership role in the delivery of best-in-class projects, we encourage you to apply!
Work Status: Full-Time
About the Role:
As part of the Corus Project Management Office (PMO), the Business Analyst is part of a motivated team of project professionals who ensure the successful delivery of a portfolio of Broadcast Systems and Enterprise Information Technology (IT) software projects.
Reporting to the Manager, Program Delivery, you will be accountable for helping the Corus PMO assess the scope and viability of potential new projects, ensure active projects have identified applicable business requirements and workflows and contribute to the continual growth and health of the Corus PMO.
- Understand organizational, business unit and departmental strategies and goals
- Assess project costs, risks, and benefits to determine strategic fit and return on investment
- Conduct stakeholder analysis
- Capture & validate current and future state business processes
- Document & confirm project goals and scope
- Elicit and capture business, functional and technical requirements
- Maintain requirement traceability to project goals & scope
- Facilitate and communicate requirement prioritization
- Understand core systems, applications and technical platforms
- Work with SMEs, Systems Analysts and vendors to identify gaps
- Document and validate workflow and/or system enhancements required to alleviate gaps
- Validate solution design & specifications against requirements and business goals
- Continuously work with Project Manager (PM), business stakeholders, QA team, Corus Technology team, and external vendors to ensure deliverables meet business requirements
- Track critical project issues and recommend path to resolution
- Identify key project risks and assist in identifying mitigation strategies
- Capture, validate and communicate plan for solution/product hand-off to operational teams
- Contribute to the continued growth of business analysis and project best practices at Corus
What we need from you:
- You are a skilled Business Analyst, highly quantitative, with the ability to balance strategy, business, technology, and creativity to become an integral part of the Corus PMO as well as the daily operations of the business.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst or in a role where similar skills or responsibilities are required
- Post-secondary business or related degree preferred
- Experience in the broadcasting, media or telecommunications industry is an asset
- Expertise in planning, facilitating, eliciting, documenting and managing business, functional and technical requirements
- Strategic and innovative thinker with the ability to see the big picture, while also being able to drive projects from concept to completion
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints in a fast paced, often pressured environment
- Effectively partner with management, team members and vendors at all levels
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude and ability to provide excellent customer service
- Critical thinking, good judgment, ability to recognize communication needs and opportunities
- Hold self and others accountable for achieving results
If you have the following… we want to hear from you!
- Expert interpersonal, relationship, facilitation, and communication skills
- Experience with both traditional Waterfall SDLC and Agile / Lean methodologies
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment
- Proven experience in Business Analysis practices and processes (including modeling / mapping as-is and to-be business processes)
- Well versed in working with Microsoft Office, Visio and SharePoint
- Experience working with JIRA and Microsoft Project
- A passion for:
- Using and seeking out new tools and techniques
- Stakeholder relationship management and satisfaction
- Continuous learning and growth
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.