Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is a not-for-profit multimedia organization operating two broadcast services: AMI-tv and AMI-audio, and a website (AMI.ca). A third broadcast service, AMI-télé, will launch in early 2015. Serving more than five million Canadians who are blind, partially sighted, deaf, hard of hearing, mobility or print restricted, AMI’s mission is to make accessible media for all Canadians.
We are currently looking for a full-time Broadcast Presenter to join our Programming & Production team within the Ottawa Bureau. The ideal candidate will represent AMI as an on-camera Presenter for assigned programs and segments; by presenting information and/or entertainment in an accessible and professional manner.
Maintains and contributes to AMI’s brand and reputation; assists the production team to ensure that information and insights presented are accurate and objective; through team participation, meets AMI’s quality programme standards when hosting or (co-hosting) programmes, conducting interviews, and introducing guests and contributes to the overall team effort.
- Certificate/Diploma in Broadcast/Media or related program at Post Secondary Institution or equivalent experience.
- 2 years’ experience in a Radio, Television or Print environment.
- Knowledge in research methods, identifying and contacting relevant sources
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; organizational and time management skill
- Good attention to detail; ability to work well under pressure, self-directed
- A sensitivity and understanding of culture and issues relevant to the blind and low vision community in Canada.
- Bilingualism is an asset
Applicants should email their resume and covering letter by email to: email@example.com. Please reference the position title in the subject line of the email.
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants we plan to invite to a follow-up interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.