Channel Zero Inc. (CHZ) is looking for a full-time Broadcast Coordinator at our Toronto office in The Junction (Keele & Dundas).
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate the workflow between the Programming, Traffic, Captioning, and Master Control departments to deliver content materials including closed captioning and described video on air
• Deliverables workflow also includes: liaising with distributors, the process of receiving and returning the masters, captioning, the ingestion and download process, and any other responsibilities required to deliver content to air
• Excellent communication with management and other team members
• Coordinate workload and delivery with captioners
• Ensure quality control of captioning and described video
• Coordinate NER compliance reporting
• Ensure compliance with all current and future Channel Zero office policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
• Relevant experience in the broadcast industry
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent multitasking skills and great attention to detail
• Technical ability to perform basic troubleshooting of both standard and high definition broadcast video/audio signals
• Ability to work with multiple platforms (Windows 64-bit systems XP, Vista, 7 and Mac OSX, Leopard) and to map drives and use networks
• Willing and enthusiastic about learning new technologies
• Must work well in team environment and at the same time work well under minimal supervision
Quoting ref# BC-2021-10, please send résumé and covering letter with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that we are in the process of developing a workplace COVID-19 vaccine policy. In the future, we may ask for proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Accommodations for exemptions will be considered.
Channel Zero Inc. is a member of the Channel Zero group of companies and along with its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
About Channel Zero
Channel Zero is an independent Canadian media company that owns over-the-air channel CHCH-TV and specialty channels Rewind & Silver Screen Classics. Channel Zero’s digital sales agency Junction Digital offers advertisers marketing solutions on our owned and operated websites and social media platforms and beyond, via our trading desk. The film division of Channel Zero features Ouat Media, an Academy Award® winning film sales and distribution company, and Channel Zero Studios, a creative production arm that brings scripted and unscripted projects to life with innovative partnerships. Channel Zero’s head office is located in Toronto. For more information, please visit chz.com.