Date: Mar 20, 2019
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Req Id: 213771
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Big Data is one of the fastest growing business and technology disciplines. Specifically in Telecom, there are great opportunities to utilize Big Data and advanced analytics solutions to evolve network planning and operations and prepare for the future network.
Bell’s Network Big Data Centre of Excellence is a team focused on utilizing Big Data and advanced analytics technologies to help Bell maintain the “Best Network” standing as well as evolve the Bell Network to support advanced solutions.
This is a rare opportunity for a motivated visualization professional to join a fast growing team of Big Data, Hadoop, and analytics experts to design, develop and visualize data solution to support the entire Bell Network community.
- Work with Network Big Data CoE team members, Network Engineering, Operations as well as other Bell Businesses to understand and analyze business needs to design and develop intuitive interfaces, infographics, and visualizations
- Define visualization best practices, help with dashboard optimization, and explore new sources of data representation to uncover new business opportunities at all levels of the business (strategic to operational)
- Exercise leading edge analytics skills in data visualization, mining, forecasting, etc. to address business needs
- Create interactive data visualizations that drive insights for web and mobile platforms
- Work with and present to all management levels
- Maintain and expand your knowledge of BI and current technology through training opportunities
- Work in an agile environment and contribute to the improvement of our development processes
- Ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and make recommendations
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, math, applied science / engineering, or equivalent
- A must have advanced level skills with multiple analytical tools such as Microstrategy, R, Python, Scala, Tableau
- Familiarity working with NoSQL databases and unstructured/semi-structured data
- 5 to 8 years of great working experience using MicroStrategy suite of products
- Advanced skills with SQL and database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Hive, Impala
- Highly analytical skills and ability to work with large and complex technical data sets
- Knowledge of, and preferably experience with, Big Data and/or software development, and/or developing visualization tools
- Ability to work with a team towards common goals
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Self starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels
- Infographics, data visualization and/or reporting portfolio is a must
- Web design and/or knowledge of front end web development and prototyping is a must
- Statistics and math background.
- Experience in Telecom or IT is a strong asset.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Dorval
Application Deadline: 03/31/2019
#LI-CC2 #Feature TC:ITN
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.