Applications are now being accepted for the full-time position of Associate Vice President Sales located in Whitehorse, YT.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Business Markets, this position is responsible for developing and implementing programs and strategies that drive sales of Northwestel’s products and services and enhance Northwestel’s image and relationships with governments, the business community, political and cultural organizations and the public at large.
This position is responsible for leading the Sales team (small medium business, and governments); the Customer Solutions design team (Customer Service Engineers); and the Customer Project Managers. Through these teams, this position provides solutions to customers, achieves revenue objectives, customer satisfaction objectives and ensures projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Directly reporting to this position are the following:
- Associate Director, Customer Solutions;
- Associate Director, Sales; and
- Account Executive (7).
- Develop strategies to achieve revenue objectives through the proactive delivery of products and solutions to our business and government customers. Establish win-back and retention measures to minimize the erosion of the customer base to competitors.
- Creatively seek opportunities for growth of existing customers and new customers. Provide input to the Enterprise Marketing team towards solution development.
- Provide leadership to a diverse group (sales, customer care, solution developers, customer project management) of people all focused on providing an excellent customer experience for our business and government customers.
- Communicate Northwestel's vision/direction to governments and business customers. Respond to stakeholder feedback, ensuring that strategic planning considers customer needs and concerns as well as corporate needs.
- Act as a liaison and customer advocate on all areas impacting the customer and the Company.
- Monitor the business environment and proactively identify and address potential issues to maintain and build a strong relationship between Northwestel and its customers. Initiate action to address issues and concerns rose by businesses, as well as modify, when appropriate, processes that have a negative impact on customers.
- Enhance Northwestel’s image and reputation by building business and social relationships. Participate actively in community organizations. Represent and promote Northwestel's image at major community and business events.
- Identify growth and revenue opportunities for Northwestel through partnerships and alliances. Attend conferences to ensure emergent issues impacting the Company are communicated effectively and major business opportunities are capitalized upon.
- Bachelor of Commerce degree with a minimum ten (10) years experience in sales management, with at least five (5) in a senior leadership role including a proven record of success within a top tier consulting, information technology or professional services organization. Alternate combinations of education and experience, being equivalent or more than the stated education/experience will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Broad knowledge of telecommunications services and products including internet, Enterprise connectivity, Wireless, Wireline and Cable.
- Demonstrated sales leadership managing and leading multiple office locations.
- Exceptional selling, communication (oral written and listening), interpersonal, managerial, analytical, planning and public relations skills.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity with an in-depth knowledge of the cultural nuances of the North and a strong understanding of the multicultural diversity of the Company's operating area.
- Willingness to be actively involved in local and regional community and business associations.
What we offer you:
- Health Benefits
- Sales Incentive Bonus
- Paid Vacation with a Vacation Travel Allowance
- Work-Life Balance
- Community Involvement
How to apply:
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.