Find opportunity and adventure in Canada’s North.
At Northwestel, we're driven by a common vision of a highly connected North where every Northern Canadian can prosper and thrive. We're getting there by delivering the most innovative communications solutions for the North.
Join the Northwestel team and enjoy a unique balance of rewarding work and the extraordinary lifestyle that awaits you and your family in the North!
We know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, you’ll enjoy competitive pay, team incentive plan, comprehensive benefit program and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Discover the North by Northwestel, meet our people, and hear their stories on our website or on Instagram(northbynwtel).
Associate Director, Financial Budgeting and Reporting
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Associate Director, Financial Budgeting and Reporting located in Whitehorse, YT.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, this position is a key member of the Finance Leadership Team responsible for all budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting matters related to the Corporation and its subsidiaries. This position directs the development and implementation of financial controls associated with financial planning and reporting and helps to ensure that the organization’s accountability for optimizing returns on investment and profitability is realized. This position leads the organization to ensure that financial methodologies and measurement tools (policies, procedures, and programs) are in place to allow business units to effectively manage their results in line with expected business performance. This involves directing and leading the staff and organization in preparing budgets, yearend expectancies (YEE), long and short-term plans and the analysis of performance against established targets. This position will also be accountable for preparing financial reports on business results for Board of Directors meetings, and is the prime contact with our parent company, Bell Canada and other regulatory and financial entities on a regular basis. This position works closely with the Associate Director of Accounting to ensure the integrity of Northwestel’s financial information is in accordance with applicable International Financial Reporting Standards.
This position has the following direct reports:
- Financial Analyst – Revenue
- Financial Analyst – Expense
- Financial Analyst – Cash Flow
- Leadership, mentoring and coaching of the budgeting and reporting team.
- Develops, coordinates and/or directs timely and accurate preparation of operating financial plans, budgets, financial models and forecasts. Monitors plans, reviews budgets and assesses financial results to determine they are in line with expected performance and facilitates creation of timely action plans to address unexpected variances.
- Ensure timely, accurate, relevant and reliable reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual financial information to Line Supervisors, Managers, Executive, and Shareholder of the company and subsidiaries.
- Actively participate in the Finance Leadership Team to ensure all finance department goals and objectives are met.
- Prepare and compile annual and long-term budget for the corporation and all subsidiaries.
- Ensure timely, accurate, relevant and reliable reporting of revenue and related tax issues.
- Ensure timely, accurate, relevant and reliable reporting of corporate expenses and related tax issues.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of the assets and liabilities of the organization.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of the organization’s cash flow.
- Actively participate in a leadership capacity in various cross-departmental teams to plan and execute strategic business objectives.
- Ensure assigned account reconciliations and other assigned controls are operating effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree complemented by a C.P.A. accounting designation with a minimum of 5-7 years appropriate and applicable work experience. The incumbent must have at least 3 years of staff management experience at the professional level. The individual must be well versed in IFRS, as well as other technical aspects of financial and management reporting. The incumbent must be experienced using some form of Enterprise Resource Planning and accounting systems and processes, preferably with the SAP financial system. Knowledge of the telecommunications industry would be an asset. This person must be an excellent negotiator, problem solver, relationship builder and strategic thinker. Strong analytical, planning, communication (oral, written and presentation), staff management and interpersonal skills are critical to success.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
What we offer you:
- Health Benefits
- Team Incentive Bonus
- Paid Vacation with a Vacation Travel Allowance
- Work-Life Balance
- Community Involvement
February 19, 2018 before 5:00 pm PDT.
How to apply:
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.