Do extraordinary things: Choose the North!
What does it mean to work for the premier communication solutions provider in the North? It’s working in Canada’s pristine and unique North with the best and brightest. At Northwestel, our employees work every day to deliver innovative solutions for more than 120,000 customers living in an area almost the size of the European Union or four million square kilometres. It’s doing extraordinary things and getting rewarded. It’s the thrill of working hard, the joy of working together and access to the extraordinary adventures that lie in the North.
Applications are now being accepted for a permanent, full-time position of Associate Director, Customer Solutions located in Whitehorse, YT.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Sales this position is responsible for the design, pricing and delivery of telecommunications solutions to wholesale & business customers in small and medium businesses (SMB), enterprise businesses and the public sector.
This position has the following direct reports:
- Senior Customer Solutions Expert
- Customer Solutions Expert
- Senior Manager, Customer Solutions
- Sales Assistant
- Project Manager, Sales
- Develop and implement solutions that meet the specific needs and long term profitability goals for such primary customers as NorthwesTel Sales, Carrier Services and affiliated organizations.
- Champion process improvement initiatives within the Customer Solutions team to ensure that effective and sustainable customer solutions are developed in a timely manner, and that company resources are used as efficiently as possible.
- Actively participate in the research, development, and implementation of advanced leading edge network solutions for northern customers related to such technologies as next generation satellite solutions, WAN, LAN, Internet technologies and related applications (Video, VoIP, IP-VPN, etc).
- Working in conjunction with other internal Northwestel resources and departments, provide leadership in the provision of solutions to facilitate the evolution and development of operational plans from solution concept to deployment that ensure appropriate processes are in place and implemented for customers.
- Research technical solutions by sourcing and evaluating vendor proposals. Explore potential alliances in order to provide more complete and valuable solutions to our customers.
- Select, lead, coach/mentor, direct and manage (including conducting performance appraisals, discipline/work plans when required, Attendance Management Program, when required)
- Manage Northwestel teams tasked with developing unsolicited proposals to customers, and responding to customer Tenders.
- Assess, develop, and execute individual customers’ business proposals and plans in response to changing markets and evolving technology providing customized technical solutions that fulfil customer needs and network requirements. The incumbent must develop business plans/proposals, which limit the Company’s potential liability while maximizing revenues/profits and providing the Company with flexibility in the context of a quickly changing industry.
- Manage all revenue generating projects that are initiated as a result of SMB or Enterprise customer sales to meet delivery dates and revenue targets.
- Mange project teams tasked with process development or new service Assist with the development of contracts (for sales, purchase or maintenance services) and/or business models, which address Northwestel’s interests (minimize liability, increase flexibility, maximize revenues, etc). This may be completed with the assistance of internal legal or other departmental resources.
- Lead departmental teams responsible for managing services for HVC and Public Sector customers.
- Engineering degree (or technical diploma supplemented by five (5) year’s relevant experience) supplemented by business courses, or a business degree, with a technology major (an MBA is an asset).
- Minimum seven (7) years of previous experience in the data communications or telecommunications industry with specific experience in marketing and business development for that industry.
- Minimum five (5) years previous experience leading a team of specialists in leading edge technological telecommunications solution development.
- Proven originality and creativity in the development of business proposals and pricing strategies.
- Ability to understand and interpret the political sensitivities when developing business proposals for communities taking into consideration preferences for contemporary services or local hire provisions.
- Excellent analytical, research, business modelling, technical, interpersonal, communication (oral, written and presentation), project management/planning, and leadership/staff management skills are required.
Monday, January 18, 2016
How to apply:
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.