At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
Name and description of the hiring department:
The Corporate Finance Real Estate team is seeking a dynamic candidate interested in taking up different challenges.
The team ensures the integrity of financial data used for statutory and internal reporting for Bell, its affiliates and subsidiaries. We create, compile, summarize, analyze and reconcile a variety of inputs to ensure that key financial information is prepared in accordance with accounting principles, audit, legal, and SOX requirements.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
• Create journal entries by compiling and validating data to record financial transactions
• Prepare and analyze general ledger account reconciliations to substantiate balances and explain variances
• Manage Vendor invoices by validating invoices and communicating with Vendors on issue
• Provide various information and explanations to internal and external clients and take action when necessary
• Create financial reports and spreadsheets for internal and external parties
• Provide support to all users of financial tools (such as JESS, APSS etc.)
• Have extensive knowledge of Bell’s systems, procedures and scheduling
• Processing of invoices with appropriate coding
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
• MS Excel intermediate level (creating and updating charts, pivot tables, formulas, linking)
• English, fluent in the language with no significant limitation
• French, working ability to carry out normal business communication in French
• Good understanding of Finance/accounting principles
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work in a demanding and rapidly changing environment and meet deadlines
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Good understanding of Bell policies and procedures
• Be recognized as a “people-person” – strong interpersonal skills to interface with key stakeholders, user groups and subject matter experts across Bell
• Creative problem solver with ability to drive issue to resolution
• Ability to learn quickly and keep an open mind
• Be self-motivated and able to work independently
• Autonomous and yet team oriented
• Strong organizational skills
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
• Knowledge of SAP
• Understanding of provincial taxes
• PC skills in Microsoft Office
• Creative problem solving with ability to drive towards issue resolution
• Self-motivated and capable to work independently and sometimes with ambiguity
• Flexible, capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Learn quickly and keep an open mind
• Strong desire and capacity to recognize opportunities for improvement and take appropriate action
• Monday to Friday; from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm; normal business hours
Job location address: 1 Alexandre Graham Bell, Verdun, Qc
Bilingualism is required (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 09/03/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.