Division: Business Development
Work Status: Full time
Location: Corus Quay
About the Role
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Strategy & Business Development, the successful candidate will be a key member of the International Development and Corporate Strategy team at Corus.
- Prepare financial and business analysis of new partnerships, ventures, or initiatives
- Identify and develop opportunities for growth that are in core or adjacent businesses
- Support and inform the negotiation of commercial terms with new partners
- Complete a broad range of industry analysis to inform Corus strategy (competitor analysis, case studies, new innovation, etc.)
- Work closely with stakeholders across Corus business to develop insights on strategic issues
- Assist in preparation of strategic planning materials and presentations for Corus Board of Directors
What We Need From You:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Business and/or Finance
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of experience with corporate strategy in the Media industry, investment banking or consulting firm
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills
- Comfortable presenting and defending ideas and concepts
- Excels in highly collaborative team environments
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work efforts
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Proactive, self-starter
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Mary-Beth Schwalm, firstname.lastname@example.org by May 23, 2017.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.