Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French)
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) – – –
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Insurance and Treasury, the Analyst will assist in the development, coordination and management of the Corporation’s property and casualty risk management and insurance program. This includes coordinating and compiling the annual insurance renewal information, coordinating the placement of insurance coverage, assessing the risk of loss of assets and their safeguarding, advising on policy and procedural directives, compiling and analyzing various reports and evaluating the overall insurance program.
You will also:
- Provide advice and guidance on risk and insurance related matters to all areas of the Corporation, including reviews of contract clauses.
- Co-ordinates activities to manage major claims through team assigned to the loss which may include outside adjuster(s), insurer(s), broker as well as the Corporation’s employees and legal counsel.
- Monitor and co-ordinate the Corporation’s risk management and insurance activities requiring action by the Corporation’s broker as per the Risk Management Service Contract.
- Maintain working relationship with external Insurance service providers (brokers, adjusters and underwriters) and within CBC for the effective performance of risk management.
- Provide support to treasury functions such as the monthly cash flow process and preparation of reports.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Bachelor Degree in business, risk management or finance or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Professional risk management designation, completed or being pursued preferred.
- Range of experience in risk management, claims and insurance with the ability to analyze complex insurance situations.
- Bilingual (English and French), both spoken and written – is an asset.
- Strong financial skills to manage risk management budget and prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Access and SAP an asset.
- Solid communication skills, ability to be clear, concise, and diplomatic.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and juggle multiple files simultaneously.
- Sound judgement and critical thinking to be able to tackle complex files.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.