The Canadian Cable Systems Alliance (CCSA) represents more than 115 independent and highly resourceful companies that provide broadband, television and telephone services to Canadians from coast to coast to coast. Our membership includes many small, family-owned companies, companies serving and operated by Indigenous Peoples in Canada and more than 20 community cooperatives.
The CCSA negotiates contracts (“Master Agreements”) on the collective behalf of our membership with hundreds of Canadian and foreign television programming services for our members’ carriage of their signals and participates, as needed, in any related CRTC dispute resolution processes. Amongst other terms, these Master Agreements typically establish the monthly wholesale rates which our Members must pay to distribute the signals.
We are currently seeking an Analyst, Contracts to support the negotiation and administration of current and future Master Agreements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Contracts, the Analyst, Contracts position will support CCSA’s contract negotiation and administration functions via the following key areas of responsibility:
- Analyze financial, subscriber, viewership and other data for use in developing or assessing programming services’ contract proposals
- Prepare wholesale rate and payment comparisons, and create proposed rate cards for Board / Board Committee information, review and approval
- Assess impacts and provide insights, based on various inputs, including the various sizes of CCSA members, their location, the technologies they employ and the distribution rights they require
- Project future programming services subscriber numbers, rates and payments based on historic and other relevant data
- Model multiple scenarios and provide recommendations on programming service rates, rate card mechanisms and other terms, for negotiation proposals and counter-proposals
- Identify opportunities for analysis which support business objectives
- Create regular and one-off reports upon request
- Other projects as required
- University degree in Business or Finance (MBA an asset)
- 5+ years of experience evaluating financial term proposals
- 3+ years of database experience – the ability to create and run queries
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong acumen for both business and finance with the ability to effectively analyze and interpret financial data and develop business models
- Analytical and creative thinker with well-developed strategic thinking skills
- Team player who demonstrates self-initiative and a positive and energetic attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to travel, including to Toronto on a semi-regular basis
- Experience evaluating content carriage and/or licensing financial terms
- Experience with SQL Server and/or Microsoft Access applications
- Experience reading and interpreting contracts
- Bilingualism – English & French
Interested candidates are asked to submit their CV with an accompanying cover letter and statement of salary expectation, to Jillian English, Chief Financial Officer, CCSA (email@example.com) by end of business Friday, December 1st, 2017.