Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Req Id: 232115
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Big Data is one of the fastest growing business and technology disciplines. Specifically in Telecom, there are great opportunities to utilize Big Data and advanced analytics solutions to evolve network planning and operation and prepare for the future network.
Bell’s Network Big Data Centre of Excellence is a newly formed team focused on utilizing Big Data and advanced analytics technologies to help Bell maintain the “Best Network” standing as well as evolve the Bell Network.
This is a rare opportunity for seasoned data and analytics professional to join a fast growing team of Big Data, Hadoop, and analytics experts to design, develop data solution to support the entire Bell Network community.
As a member of the Network Big Data team, reporting to the Network Big Data Manager, the Agile Lead will play a role in the planning and execution of new data products, insights, and capabilities. The individual needs to be a skilled developer that can further the team’s use of Agile and Lean practices in delivering software projects.
- Establish and manage a Scrum Team governance framework
- Establish Sprint schedule, ceremonies (ex. Demo’s, Retrospective), evaluate and introduce sprint execution velocity and lead/coordinate corresponding activities
- Schedule and facilitate the Scrum process (daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint reviews & retrospectives);
- Ensure active, bi-directional, consistent communication within and across teams as well as key stakeholders
- For the improvements received from retrospection, work with team & relevant stakeholders to prioritize, come up with an action plan and follow up.
- Ensure sprint schedules and reviews are posted centrally for cross-team visibility
- Coordinate the Scrum Team’s capacity planning with the respective Tech teams
- Coordinate delivery and Scrum activities impacting all facets of software delivery
- Ensure adherence to standard (Digital) process, use of tools, established project delivery standards
- Coordinate evaluation of scope change, estimates, priority and trade-offs with Business and Product Owners and communicate to all stakeholders
- Ensure daily team status reporting is complete with actionable steps planned/taken to address issues/risks
- Helping the team to get rid of external and internal impediments
- Mediating through conflicts (internal and with external parties as well).
- Collaborate with the teams to ensure project backlog is groomed, prioritized and maintained
- Facilitating the Backlog Grooming sessions
- Ensure all processes are followed so that scrum teams’ JIRA boards represent accurate status of Sprints and team backlog
- Ensuring Scrum teams follow JIRA workflows and processes in order to complete stories committed in a sprint
- Work with required teams for environment readiness needed for the project completion
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Computer Information Systems.
- 3-5+ years of experience in Agile Software Delivery and Software Development Life Cycle Management
- Outstanding communication skills with experience working with senior business leaders (technical and non-technical)
- Strong leadership & interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead cross functional teams to a solution and adjust leadership style for the situation
- Expert in use of standard Agile tool like JIRA
- Proven ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment, meet deadlines, and perform at high standards with limited supervision, including an ability to manage project teams located across multiple delivery sites
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience and/or specialized training in Project Management
- Experience performing the majority of roles in a traditional software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Agile tools such as Jira and Confluence etc.
- Experience with, or deep understanding of, DevOps is a definite plus
The candidate may be required to submit to a background check to obtain security clearance. Failure to submit to this check or to obtain a satisfactory rating may limit the projects to which the candidate can be assigned.
The masculine and feminine used in this job offer refer equally to employees of both sexes and in no way represent a particular distinction based on gender. Bell is an equal opportunity employer.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Application Deadline: 04/26/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.