Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role:
Do you have what it takes to work at 102.1 The Edge, Canada’s biggest Alternative station? Prove it! Send me what YOU think will showcase your talents and ability to interact and engage with a millennial audience. If you think cover letters and traditional radio applications are old school and boring, audition differently! Be focused on your audience and how to win them over and show me what you’ve got.
- Creating fun, interesting and topical content via on-air, social and video
- Using your curiosity to find out what the millennial audience is passionate about
- Promotional appearances, where you fully engage in the event and bring listeners along for the ride
- Working with a team of creative types who don’t treat radio like a job
- Bouncing ideas off the PD on a regular basis
What We Need From You:
- Previous on-air experience
- Can have a conversation with listeners and really understand where they are coming from
- Strong knowledge of Social Media on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and the next big platform
- The ability to work well in a group dynamic
- Brings an upbeat, positive vibe and is solution oriented
- Can record and edit videos, with little or no help, as long as you have the right software
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Oct 5, 2018.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.