For our offices in downtown Montreal we are currently looking for an
Advisor, Regulatory Affairs, Telecommunications
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the regulatory team by participating in and monitoring the evolution of the existing and proposed regulatory framework, primarily in telecommunications, analyzing the potential impact of any new measures or changes in the regulatory environment, and developing recommendations for action.
Reporting to the Vice President, Regulatory Affairs and Copyright, you will work on various assignments in a changing environment.
Among your contributions, you will:
- Monitor developments in public policy, legislation and regulations affecting telecommunications services and report on them to the regulatory team.
- Provide the business units with regulatory advice and opinions on the development and delivery of telecommunication services.
- Contribute to the writing of various presentations, reports and correspondence that convey Cogeco's positions in response to calls for comments from the CRTC or other government authorities.
- Help represent Cogeco at CRTC public hearings.
- Participate in the filing of proposed tariffs in connection with the provision of wholesale Internet access services.
- Be responsible for collecting data and producing telecommunications regulatory compliance documents for the relevant authorities.
- Participate in various industry working groups.
- Contribute to various telecommunications and broadcasting projects as required.
- Bilingual (English and French) and at ease communicating orally and in writing in both languages. You have excellent writing skills.
- The great ease with which you communicate facilitates your interaction with employees as well as members of the senior management team. You are a team player who is results-oriented.
- You excel in simultaneously managing many files, while effectively prioritizing and respecting the schedules you have committed to.
- Your excellent judgment, combined with your strong analytical skills, autonomy and initiative have enabled you to successfully deliver the past assignments you have been entrusted with.
Does this profile sound like yours? We want you on our team!
- Bachelor’s degree in law, economics or other relevant university education.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the communications industry or in a regulated environment.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
To apply, visit our career website at www.cogeco.com or click these links:
Why join Cogeco?
Cogeco is a major player in the telecommunications market. It offers all its employees an exciting, dynamic and diverse work environment built on respect and collaboration. We believe in continuous learning and providing our employees with professional development and internal growth opportunities.
At Cogeco, diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflect the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.
ABOUT COGECO COMMUNICATIONS INC.
Cogeco Communications Inc. is a communications corporation. It is the 8th largest cable operator in North America, operating in Canada under the Cogeco Connexion name in Québec and Ontario, and in the United States under the Atlantic Broadband name in western Pennsylvania, south Florida, Maryland/Delaware, South Carolina and eastern Connecticut. Cogeco Communications Inc. provides its residential and business customers with video, Internet and telephony services through its two-way broadband fibre networks. Through its subsidiary Cogeco Peer 1, Cogeco Communications Inc. provides its business customers with a suite of information technology services (colocation, network connectivity, hosting, cloud and managed services), through its 16 data centres, extensive FastFiber Network® and more than 50 points of presence in North America and Europe. Cogeco Communications Inc.’s subordinate voting shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: CCA).