Advertising Standards Analyst, Media Solutions (English Services) – TOR08486
Job Family: Revenue
Primary Location: Toronto
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Due to the pandemic, this position is temporarily a full-time teleworking position.
As the Advertising Standards Analyst, you will support CBC Media Solutions and other departments with their advertising and promo-related activities by leveraging your expertise to analyze, find resolutions, and/or help provide direction on all matters related to CBC Advertising Standards and Canadian Code of Advertising Standards (the Code) compliance. This involves the application and interpretation of advertising policies and codes, and other relevant guidelines for all CBC advertising initiatives. These activities are critical to the success of: CBC ad campaigns, revenue targets, and compliance with all relevant industry regulations across CBC services and platforms. You will collaborate with internal departments across the regions by monitoring, providing analysis, research, and reviews of creative material and/or campaigns to support their successful execution.
• Identify and manage compliance risks by reviewing and analyzing all proposed advertising for CBC services and platforms, including broadcast and digital platforms.
• Identify issues and problem areas related to compliance and advise on responses to consumer inquiries related to CBC advertising.
• Make recommendations for commercial revenue optimization and to meet advertising standards for CBC Television and digital platforms as needed.
• Support the coordination of advertising for elections across all levels of Government and Olympic activities.
• Be a trusted advisor to the Media Solutions department and other departments by building relationships internally and externally through collaboration and value-added subject matter expertise.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
• A post-secondary degree in a relevant discipline, such as Business, Communications, Policy, Journalism, or equivalent experience.
• Three to five years of relevant experience with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of advertising codes and standards in the context of the broadcasting and media industry.
• You live and promote the values of diversity, with a clear understanding and appreciation for the advantages of an inclusive and respectful work culture.
• Demonstrated creativity, strategic thinking, planning, problem-solving, organizational ability and interpersonal skills, including a high level of professionalism and diplomacy.
• High personal and professional standards, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to generating valuable insight and providing quality results.
• A keen eye for detail within the context of the overall goal.
• Strong communication skills. You know how to listen and hold space for diverse perspectives and ideas, and be persuasive as needed.
• Ability to build strong and dependable professional relationships.
• Possess sound judgment, effective decision making and time management skills.
• Strong proficiency in Google applications (Docs, Sheets etc.), and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• You have a growth mindset; dedicated to continuous learning and improvement.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
All employees of CBC/Radio-Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of December 1st, 2021 unless exempted based on a medical/religious ground. As per this requirement, employees must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to all employees. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify if you meet the conditions of employment, you will be asked to provide an attestation confirming your COVID-19 vaccination status.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.