About Brooke Telecom Co-operative
Brooke Telecom Co-operative Ltd. is a regional telecommunications company that has served rural Lambton for over 110 years. Our mission is to deliver high quality communication services to our local communities with an exceptional customer experience with offices located in Inwood, Watford and Petrolia. We are a member owned co-operative company and serve our member’s fibre-based internet, phone, IPTV and cellular needs. Our company’s core values that we strive for are quality services, integrity and respect.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self driven person to serve as accounting manager for the entire company, working from our Inwood Office. This is a fulltime permanent position consisting of 40 hours/week reporting to the General Manager and Board of Directors. Duties include:
• Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable processing
• Manage inventory tracking and accounting processes
• Complete bank reconciliations
• Administer Bi-weekly Payroll
• Preparation of monthly financial statements and participate in annual audit
• Preparation and participation in monthly Board Meetings and serve as Board Secretary
• Support billing of internet, television, cellular and home phone services
• Member of management team and regular interaction with members and customers
• 3-5 years of bookkeeping / accounting experience
• Friendly, positive, customer service focused.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving/critical thinking.
• Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes
• Good organizational skills and able to work independently
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite of products
• Experience in the telecommunications industry and asset
• Experience with billing and accounting platforms (iVue an asset)
Brooke Telecom offers competitive pay, an excellent benefit package as well as a small company and team atmosphere.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com The deadline to submit applications is February 11, 2022 at 4pm. We thank you for your interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.