6080 Young St, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Req #567
Friday, November 9, 2018
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
As a key member of the Accounting team, the Accounting Analyst will be responsible for functional cost centers. Key functions of this position include preparation of monthly financial reports and variance analysis, account reconciliations, preparation of forecasts and budgets, process improvement and general support to the accounting and operations teams as required.
• Bachelor of Commerce Degree focused in Accounting
• 3 - 5 years of experience in an accounting environment
• Enrollment in a professional accounting designation program
• Ability to complete detailed analysis while following established policies & procedures
• Fluency in spreadsheet applications; advanced proficiency with Excel is required
• Must be driven to consistently meet deadlines
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task
• Effective problem solving skills including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
• Detail oriented; willing to dig into the details and ask probing questions
• Must be flexible and have a commitment to providing excellent customer service
• Desire for continuous learning; eager to understand other areas of the business (ie. operational aspects)
• Ability to express ideas clearly and understand the need for teamwork
• Participate in and support a positive work environment.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.