Company: Shaw Cablesystems
Category: Accounting & Finance
Work Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Employment Type: Full-time
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Accountant
We have an exciting opportunity for an Accountant working in our Calgary Corporate office reporting to the Manager, Accounting. The position is a permanent full-time role. Accountabilities for the successful candidate will include a variety of accounting duties to support the Accounting and Finance team.
• Analyze monthly, quarterly and annual financial results and prepare written analysis on variance analysis for operating statements
• Assist Finance business partners with preparation of forecast, budget and identify areas of risk and opportunity
• Prepare month end journal entries and provide reporting as required
• Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and quarterly working capital analysis
• Review contracts/agreements to obtain in-depth understanding of business operations and provide guidance on appropriate accounting treatment
• Assist departments with coding for purchase orders and related processes on an on-going basis
• Complete various analysis, special projects, process improvements and other ad-hoc duties as required.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Accounting Degree and/or completion of CPA Prep program with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will also be considered
• Proficiency with Excel (e.g. use of pivot tables, simple macros, and ability to work with and analyze large data sets) would be considered an asset
• Experience with Oracle Cloud, General Ledger & Hyperion Planning is an asset
• Detail oriented with high standards of excellence and an enthusiastic self-starter with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills at all organizational levels
• A team player with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and strict deadlines
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
BUSINESS UNIT: Corporate
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.