Make strategic decisions that will shape the future of retail!
Join our team
The National Retail account management team is a small team with a big scope - we help impact customer purchase decisions at 1,000+ locations nationally. We get things done from strategic planning, relationship management, tactical execution to new business development. We have a finger on the pulse of TELUS' most competitive business unit and operate in one of the fastest changing industries. Our goal is to continuously strengthen the team and overall organization.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You are an energetic, passionate individual who enjoys collaborating with others and thrives in a fast changing environment. You are a strategic thinker with an eye for detail and proven negotiating and analytical skills. You will be responsible to manage all aspects of the relationship with our partners and will be looked upon to identify, develop, and execute on best-in-class programs that highlight amazing customer experience and value while ensuring mutual objectives are exceeded. The possibilities are endless when it comes to working with our retail partners and developing long-term sustainable growth.
- Create and execute on strategic plan to grow all business lines within the retailer
- Identify and pursue new channel opportunities, whether that be product line, programs, promotions, or other
- Lead discussions on partner compensation programs and promotional activities - negotiate win-win outcomes
- Develop and maintain strong, mutually beneficial relationships with retailer contacts as well as internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with field team to execute on account/retailer vision
- Monitor competitive pricing/program activities and make recommendations to position TELUS accordingly
- Contribute to support activities including forecasting, tracking, and budget management
- Conduct regular business reviews and product presentations
- Achieve and exceed channel sales targets
- Organize and participate in key channel partner events
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to balance strategic planning and tactical execution
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Ability to work in an environment characterized by constant change and tight deadlines
- Strong collaboration skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, and subsequently influence future decision making
- Above average knowledge of Office Suite
- Degree in Business or related discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of the Canadian wireless industry and retail environments
- 2-3 years of sales experience and/or account management in telecommunications/technology/packaged goods industry(s), with a proven track record of high performance
- Experience with third party retailers is an asset
- Evidence of continued growth through education, skills training, and professional development
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?