Sales and Marketing, Business Solutions
Golden Horseshoe | SA6
In accordance with established procedures, policies and available tools, the successful candidate is responsible for executing direct sales strategies to meet commercial sales results and provide quality service to potential and existing Cogeco customers. The successful candidate is expected to sell and retain Cogeco’s products and services in a timely and professional manner in their assigned territory. More specifically, the Account Executive is expected to acquire new customers and maximize a wallet share approach with existing customers through retention, up-sell and cross-sell marketing campaigns. Accurate funnel management is paramount.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding sales revenue targets on both an overall and incremental basis for all products.
- Responsible for sales in assigned area(s); including initiating contracts, generating and following up on leads, conducting sales demos/presentations, building/maintaining relationships, identifying the needs of prospective customers and closing the sale within agreed timeframes and quality standards within the small, medium and enterprise business marketplace.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing their own sales funnel in sales force in order to maximize sales opportunities.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with commercial contacts ensuring strong business relationships through active participation in Chamber of Commerces, Business Associations and other business networking opportunities.
- Responsible for gathering information, developing and executing creative approaches to acquire customers.
- Develops new business opportunities including new customer prospects and cold calling.
- Responsible for the submission and accuracy of all necessary sales activity reporting (accurate funnel management).
- Responsible to develop and execute presentations for seminars, workshops and other group selling opportunities.
- As part of their work, employees must take all necessary measures to ensure their own health and safety, and that of their co-workers and the public in general. They must use available personal protective equipment at all times, and comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by the Company.
- To support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
- Assists with other departmental requests as required and performs special projects or other duties as assigned.
- College Diploma or combination of equivalent education and work experience.
- Diploma in Business, Marketing or relevant discipline would be an asset
- Minimum 10 years sales experience in a sale cycle environment with demonstrated strong selling results in ICT (Information, Communications and Technology) is an asset.
- Proven experience in varied and complex selling situations is an asset.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills with potential sales leadership qualities.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience with LANs, WANs and network implementation.
- Understanding of VPN technologies an asset.
- Highly motivated, performance driven with the ability to work under pressure.
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyze and identify sales opportunities.
- Strong listening and communication (verbal/written) skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with a winning professional customer service attitude.
- Self motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently. Monitors own quality of work.
- Open to change with a learning attitude towards work and to contribute to teams.
- Valid driver’s licence.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND VISUAL ACUITY
- Extensive travel.