Work Location:Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
At Shaw Business Enterprise you will find a culture that rewards an entrepreneurial spirit. We empower our staff to make their own decisions for growing the business. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
Career Opportunity: Account Executive, Government & Education
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for identifying and building new business while managing existing accounts. You will be expected to disrupt customers’ thinking and build consensus for Shaw Business Government & Education to secure deals.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Design and implement sales strategies to ensure the company meets its revenue objectives by growing new and existing accounts.
• Use insight and consultative selling techniques to teach customers about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their business, which link back to Shaw Business Enterprise solutions.
• Research prospective organizations to identify the right customer stakeholders to sell to.
• Coach customer stakeholders and build consensus for Shaw Business Enterprise solutions within their organization.
• Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges.
• Increase Shaw Business’ sales volume and deal size.
• Regularly update CRM system with the latest customer information, and use customer intelligence for account planning purposes.
• Collaborate with Marketing to ensure consistent messaging to customers, and help them gather voice of the customer information when needed.
What We Are Looking For:
• Strategic Thinkers—Systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible customer pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members to devise solutions to solve complex deal challenges
• Communicators—Tailors communication to the customer’s needs with authority; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills
• Interpersonal Influencers—Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to customers to comfortably drive negotiation conversations
• Networker—Identifies the right customer stakeholders and builds connections quickly to drive consensus for deals; works cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success
• Ownership—Goes out of his or her way to complete a job and has relentless drive to achieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative with minimal direction or supervision
• Workflow Management—Sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into tasks and process steps that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic track record
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the above mentioned qualifications and favorable attributes is required
• Work experience involving critical thinking and influencing in any industry
• Experience in business dealings with different level of Government and/or public procurement process
• Experience navigating political landscapes
• Established network with BC government
• Proven track record in B2B sales/dealings with government/public entities
• Technical experience in managed solutions
What We Offer:
• Competitive base salary + uncapped commissions
• Customizable benefits plan to suit you and your family’s needs including extended coverage on massages, Invisalign and laser eye surgery. The benefits are available immediately to full-time employees
• 3 weeks of paid vacation so that you can have a healthy work-life balance
• Incredible employee discounts for all your entertainment needs including Internet 300, all you can watch TV/video, and all you can talk long distance, as well as corporate discounts with many major retail partners
• Dedicated resources for continuous learning and career growth as well as opportunities both locally and across Canada.
• Success Sharing Program, Employee Share Purchase Plan, scholarships for dependents, enhanced parental leave, and retirement and savings plans
• A Recruit & Reward program to help you earn up to $1000 when you refer a friend or family member to a role at Shaw
• Employee Giving Programs to augment your charitable endeavors and support you in giving back to the community
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.